This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 5/6] Remove dead code
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "rdsandiford at googlemail dot com" <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 22:16:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/6] Remove dead code
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87a99ftha6 dot fsf at talisman dot default> <87lhszs25g dot fsf at talisman dot default>
On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> This patch removes some dead code that would otherwise need to be
> changed in the final patch.
These functions were intended to allow passes to update DF info
manually. That never was a very practical idea, apparently.
> * df.h (df_ref_create, df_ref_remove): Delete.
> * df-scan.c (df_ref_create, df_ref_compress_rec): Likewise.
> (df_ref_remove): Likewise.