This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Trust TREE_ADDRESSABLE
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:15:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Trust TREE_ADDRESSABLE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1406041546210 dot 2632 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <2743517 dot a6PhG79muX at polaris> <CAFiYyc3v5dsMw3NDmjR58H6Y3=hQa_bj41WjkgZ=0ZvN_0xOPA at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Because that's not the point and because it feels like a hack ;)
Well, if we keep the current semantics of TREE_ADDRESSABLE and decide that the
predicate for aliasing is may_be_aliased, the implementation for the latter
becomes a detail. And it would seem better/simpler to have the knowledge
localized in this single predicate than spread over multiple files and FEs.