This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH,MIPS] Remove unused code relating to reloading fcc
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "'gcc-patches\ at gcc dot gnu dot org' \(gcc-patches\ at gcc dot gnu dot org\)" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 19:48:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH,MIPS] Remove unused code relating to reloading fcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B02353550259 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
Matthew Fortune <Matthew.Fortune@imgtec.com> writes:
> This is a small clean-up patch to remove code relating to reloading or moving
> mips fcc registers. At some point in the past these registers were allocated
> as part of register allocation but they are now statically allocated in the
> backend in a round robin fashion. The code for reloading them is therefore not
> necessary any more. The move costs are also irrelevant so are replaced with
> a comment instead (but the cases can just be deleted if that is preferred).
I think removing the cases would be better.
OK with that change. Thanks for cleaning this up.