This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR54442 build_qualified_type produces a non-canonical type
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:46:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: PR54442 build_qualified_type produces a non-canonical type
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1406091604020 dot 13093 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <5395C387 dot 1010506 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1406091630330 dot 2186 at laptop-mg dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
On 06/09/2014 10:32 AM, Marc Glisse wrote:
On Mon, 9 Jun 2014, Jason Merrill wrote:
On 06/09/2014 10:18 AM, Marc Glisse wrote:
I doubt the patch can be wrong, but it may be that this is a situation
that is not supposed to happen and should be fixed elsewhere?
Seems likely. What is the difference between the type returned from
build_qualified_type (TYPE_CANONICAL and it's TYPE_CANONICAL? I would
expect them to be the same.
throws <tree_list 0x7ffff660e5c8
purpose <integer_cst 0x7ffff64d6ba0 constant 1>>>
(in what build_qualified_type returns)
I guess that makes sense, given that the exception specification isn't
really part of the type. The patch is OK.