This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't call init_caller_save if LRA enabled
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: Kito Cheng <kito dot cheng at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rsandifo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 09:37:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't call init_caller_save if LRA enabled
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+yXCZCErGH2kqxgRv7WgQWQkZGWhEm5Qb1r1TJP1M-kKGQWjg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2014-06-04, 12:31 PM, Kito Cheng wrote:
LRA generate caller-save register store/restore during split register,
not generate by caller-save.c:save_call_clobbered_regs, so initialize
this module by init_caller_save is meaningless if LRA enabled
2014-06-05 Kito Cheng <email@example.com>
* ira.c (ira): Don't call init_caller_save if LRA enabled
since LRA use its own infrastructure to handle that.
The patch is ok. As I remember changelog entries should contain what is
done but not why it is done. But I guess this entry is ok too as it is
still very brief.
Kito, thanks for fixing it. You can commit it into the trunk.