This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libgo patch committed: Merge from revision 18783 of master
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 06:55:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: libgo patch committed: Merge from revision 18783 of master
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mcrioogdu1a dot fsf at iant-glaptop dot roam dot corp dot google dot com> <53904549 dot 3060500 at ubuntu dot com>
On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 3:24 AM, Matthias Klose <email@example.com> wrote:
> Am 05.06.2014 03:28, schrieb Ian Lance Taylor:
>> I have committed a patch to libgo to merge from revision
>> 18783:00cce3a34d7e of the master library. This revision was committed
>> January 7. I picked this revision to merge to because the next revision
>> deleted a file that is explicitly merged in by the libgo/merge.sh
>> Among other things, this patch changes type descriptors to add a new
>> pointer to a zero value. In gccgo this is implemented as a common
>> variable, and that requires some changes to the compiler and a small
>> change to go-gcc.cc.
>> As usual the patch is too large to include in this e-mail message. I've
>> appended the changes to parts of libgo that are more gccgo-specific.
>> Bootstrapped and ran Go testsuite on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
>> Committed to mainline.
> Is it time to bump the soname on trunk?
Yes, I'll do that when I've merged gccgo all the way up to the Go 1.3