This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Create a library for tools like collect2 and lto-wrapper (2/2)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 20:55:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: Create a library for tools like collect2 and lto-wrapper (2/2)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <537DE6E7 dot 7090908 at codesourcery dot com> <537DE766 dot 5040505 at codesourcery dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405221552270 dot 11868 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <53848EAE dot 1010207 at codesourcery dot com>
On Tue, 27 May 2014, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> > Thus, as an initial step I'd suggest instead converting lto-wrapper to use
> > the common functionality where possible (fatal_error with %m replacing
> > fatal_perror), making it use atexit in the process. Don't move code using
> > legacy fatal / fatal_perror functions to a common library.
> But whatever. Here is such a patch. Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-linux.
Joseph S. Myers