This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not build libsanitizer also for powerpc*-*-linux*
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>, Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>, Yuri Gribov <tetra2005 at gmail dot com>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Arseny Solokha <asolokha at gmx dot com>, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google dot com>, Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 08:39:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not build libsanitizer also for powerpc*-*-linux*
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1401455362 dot 7849 dot 42 dot camel at otta> <20140530134933 dot GZ10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <1401565995 dot 7849 dot 54 dot camel at otta> <CAGQ9bdxPb+Qb47kRVB+8HHdXT3JmtaGU+PeSKkiO-zZSHwOYig at mail dot gmail dot com> <538C1242 dot 1050703 at samsung dot com> <CAGQ9bdxkC+1coiz8D7+R0KHhUjQi_yX_pAXiS9PGyc9QiEoHmg at mail dot gmail dot com> <1401770559 dot 11815 dot 7 dot camel at otta> <538D6904 dot 5020501 at samsung dot com> <20140603064110 dot GS10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <1401800801 dot 11815 dot 12 dot camel at otta> <20140603132142 dot GW10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Tue, 2014-06-03 at 15:21 +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 08:06:41AM -0500, Peter Bergner wrote:
> > No LD_PRELOAD. It adds -lasan "early", but after the libraries and
> > object files that are explicitly added to the linker command.
> > Since -lm is explicitly added to the linker command, the implicitly
> > added -lasan comes after. The -v command is below.
> Ah, that is a powerpc*-linux* bug. All other linux targets include
> config/gnu-user.h header, perhaps early and override it, but rs6000*
> seems to be the only? exception that does not.
> So, either you need to include that header and perhaps tweak afterwards,
> or duplicate the asan/tsan related stuff in there and make sure to keep it
> up to date.
I'll try adding the include. Thanks for pointing that out!