This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: PATCH to ctor_for_folding for c++/61020 (ICE with typeid)
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 11:26:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFA: PATCH to ctor_for_folding for c++/61020 (ICE with typeid)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <538D274B dot 1090802 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 3:39 AM, Jason Merrill <email@example.com> wrote:
> The C++ front end wants to be able to build up objects of the various
> typeinfo derived classes (such as __si_class_type_info) without needing to
> see the full definition of the class. As part of this we build a VAR_DECL
> for the vtable, but never define it because we don't actually have
> declarations of the virtual functions, we're only using it for external
> references. ctor_for_folding was assuming that all vtables are defined,
> which broke on this case.
> Tested x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. OK for trunk?