This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add support for OpenMP fortran user defined reductions
- From: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 09:42:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for OpenMP fortran user defined reductions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> As discussed with Tobias on IRC yesterday, the fact that I'd like to
> eventually backport the Fortran OpenMP 4.0 support to 4.9 branch
> poses a problem with the module.c changes
But this is by design, because we’re not supposed to add new features (especially API-changing or module-changing ones) in a release branch. The compatibility fixes you propose will increase the complexity of the module reader code, and creates some precedent.
I don’t think there’s much pressure from the “general public” for Fortran OpenMP 4.0, so having it in 4.10 only rather than 4.9 is probably not such a big deal.