This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not build libsanitizer also for powerpc*-*-linux*
- From: Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, Yuri Gribov <tetra2005 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Arseny Solokha <asolokha at gmx dot com>, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google dot com>, Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 08:54:27 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not build libsanitizer also for powerpc*-*-linux*
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1401100995 dot 27542 dot ezmlm at gcc dot gnu dot org> <53831D22 dot 30108 at gmx dot com> <87egzeqrrt dot fsf at kepler dot schwinge dot homeip dot net> <1401390478 dot 7849 dot 39 dot camel at otta> <1401455362 dot 7849 dot 42 dot camel at otta> <20140530134933 dot GZ10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <1401565995 dot 7849 dot 54 dot camel at otta>
On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Peter Bergner <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-05-30 at 15:49 +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 08:09:22AM -0500, Peter Bergner wrote:
>> > On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 14:07 -0500, Peter Bergner wrote:
>> > > On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 09:36 +0200, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
>> > > > This is being discussed in the thread at
>> > > > <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-05/msg02031.html>. Until that
>> > > > has been resolved, I do agree to check in the following patch (and have
>> > > > successfully tested it, but cannot formally approve it for commit; thus
>> > > > copying the libsanitizer maintainers):
>> > >
>> > > The re-enablement patch was submitted to the llvm mailing list here:
>> > >
>> > > http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20140526/219249.html
>> > >
>> > > Once that is committed and merged into gcc, we can re-enable building
>> > > libsanitizer for powerpc*-linux.
>> > Ok, it was committed upstream as revision 209879. Kostya, can we get
>> > this merged into gcc trunk and powerpc*-linux re-enabled again? Thanks.
>> I've cherry-picked the two upstream commits and after testing on
>> x86_64-linux/i686-linux committed to trunk.
> Great, thanks! I bootstrapped and ran the asan testsuite. I'm now seeing
> lots of FAILs due to:
> ASan runtime does not come first in initial library list; you should either
> link runtime to your application or manually preload it with LD_PRELOAD.
> ...which Paolo mentioned in the other thread that he is hitting this too.
> There was some discussion on what to do, but has there been a decision on
> how to fix this yet? Or is it fixed upstream and we just need to merge
> that fix too?
Yuri needs to send the patch to llvm-commits.