This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, Pointer Bounds Checker 15/x] Keep instrumented versions
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Ilya Enkovich <enkovich dot gnu at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 10:18:53 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, Pointer Bounds Checker 15/x] Keep instrumented versions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140530125631 dot GA45878 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On 05/30/14 06:56, Ilya Enkovich wrote:
Before any instrumentation happens, instrumentation clones do not actually have any uses and thus may be removed. This patch fixes it by forbiding removal of not instrumented instrumentation clones.
Bootstrapped and tested on linux-x86_64.
2014-05-30 Ilya Enkovich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* cgraph.c (cgraph_can_remove_if_no_direct_calls_and_refs_p): Keep
all not instrumented instrumentation clones alive.
OK for the trunk when the rest of the bounds checker stuff is approved.