This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [AArch64 05/14] Add AArch64 'prefetch'-pattern.
- From: "Gopalasubramanian, Ganesh" <Ganesh dot Gopalasubramanian at amd dot com>
- To: "Dr. Philipp Tomsich" <philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "pinskia at gmail dot com" <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 14:25:09 +0000
- Subject: RE: [AArch64 05/14] Add AArch64 'prefetch'-pattern.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is 22.214.171.124) smtp dot mailfrom=Ganesh dot Gopalasubramanian at amd dot com;
- References: <1392757787-25629-6-git-send-email-philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com> <EB4625145972F94C9680D8CADD6516156805ECE5 at satlexdag03 dot amd dot com> <C2A1D516-EE3C-49DC-BCAA-C03F2472787D at theobroma-systems dot com>
> These changes look good to me.
> We'll try them out on the benchmarks that caused us to add prefetching in the first place.
If you are OK, I would like to get these changes upstreamed.
From: Dr. Philipp Tomsich [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 2:58 PM
To: Gopalasubramanian, Ganesh
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: [AArch64 05/14] Add AArch64 'prefetch'-pattern.
On 28 Feb 2014, at 10:13 , Gopalasubramanian, Ganesh <Ganesh.Gopalasubramanian@amd.com> wrote:
> I also have attached a patch that implements the following.
> * Prefetch with immediate offset in the range 0 to 32760 (multiple of 8). Added a predicate for this.
> * Prefetch with immediate offset - in the range -256 to 255 (Gets generated only when we have a negative offset. Generates prfum instruction). Added a predicate for this.
> * Prefetch with register offset. (modified for printing the locality)
These changes look good to me.
We'll try them out on the benchmarks that caused us to add prefetching in the first place.