This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Darwin bootstrap failure following wide int merge (was: we are starting the wide int merge)
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, echristo at gmail dot com, Stan Shebs <stanshebs at earthlink dot net>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, glisse at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 12:14:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Darwin bootstrap failure following wide int merge (was: we are starting the wide int merge)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <97BE9F46-EB35-4B06-9065-915D7259E701 at gmail dot com> <769D0D77-6DB3-421F-9006-326B0E2B42FE at gmail dot com> <71C2DDBB-87AE-491D-9074-F5744B8AFF61 at comcast dot net> <20140528065033 dot GV10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc2tLShbmh_4RzMqCO+yky8voEOhTpY1aqjYMLq+dAP8Pg at mail dot gmail dot com> <494AF306-EB09-4F70-BCF8-95E892BF618B at gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc0Fw+BWqY=sVzuMSr-=ccLY9u9zxVEu2AS379v=BYT3pA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140528094848 dot GX10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc0xr-U_X325GS5NDjazmp2Hm3m3=Cskyw4SnKTo6-DcXw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc2SBQ5eUYH1Xu=imDEgoD7bjaKaxpMw3ZTfUATrwxCBMQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 12:07:41PM +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
> >> #ifndef GCC_VERSION
> >> +/* Some compilers pretend to be GCC, even when they are not. */
> >> +#if defined(__clang__) || defined(__INTEL_COMPILER)
> >> +#define GCC_VERSION 0
> >> +#else
> >> #define GCC_VERSION (__GNUC__ * 1000 + __GNUC_MINOR__)
> >> +#endif
> >> #endif /* GCC_VERSION */
> >> so that we really can trust the GCC_VERSION macro, casts in lhs of inline
> >> asm isn't the only incompatibility clang has.
> >> Any other compilers that define __GNUC__?
> > Every one I guess. ICC 9 has it defined to 4, __GNUC_MINOR__ to 0.
ICC is included in the above check, that is the __INTEL_COMPILER check.
> So if we want to go down that route I'd rather change the configury that
> checks whether we are using GCC to be more pedantic and for example
> parse $CC --version output (not for the actual version but for whether
> $CC is GCC).
include/ is shared among many GCC/binutils/GDB uses, using autoconf macros
there would be nightmare, since you'd need to replicate those tests
everywhere you'd use the header, plus lots of people customize the gcc
--version output and it has changed over the years.