This is the mail archive of the gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: libsanitizer merge from upstream r208536


On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 08:57:11AM +0400, Konstantin Serebryany wrote:
>> Last time I tried, asan did not work on ppc32 for a large number of
>> different reasons.
>
> ???
> Comparing my 4.9.0 ppc/ppc64 testresults, for 32-bit I see:
>
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O0  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O1  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O2  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O3 -g  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -Os  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O2 -flto -fno-use-linker-plugin -flto-partition=none  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O2 -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -fno-fat-lto-objects  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/pr59063-2.c  -O2 -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -fno-fat-lto-objects  (test for excess errors)
> UNRESOLVED: c-c++-common/asan/pr59063-2.c  -O2 -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -fno-fat-lto-objects  compilation failed to produce executable
>
> and for 64-bit:
>
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O2  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O3 -g  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O2 -flto -fno-use-linker-plugin -flto-partition=none  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/null-deref-1.c  -O2 -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -fno-fat-lto-objects  output pattern test, is ASAN:SIGSEGV
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/pr59063-2.c  -O2 -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -fno-fat-lto-objects  (test for excess errors)
> UNRESOLVED: c-c++-common/asan/pr59063-2.c  -O2 -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -fno-fat-lto-objects  compilation failed to produce executable
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/swapcontext-test-1.c  -O0  execution test
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/swapcontext-test-1.c  -O1  execution test
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/swapcontext-test-1.c  -O2  execution test
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/swapcontext-test-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  execution test
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/swapcontext-test-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops  execution test
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/swapcontext-test-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops -finline-functions  execution test
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/swapcontext-test-1.c  -O3 -g  execution test
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/swapcontext-test-1.c  -Os  execution test
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/swapcontext-test-1.c  -O2 -flto -fno-use-linker-plugin -flto-partition=none  execution test
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/swapcontext-test-1.c  -O2 -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -fno-fat-lto-objects  execution test
>
> Doesn't look like the ppc32 port would be in any worse shape than the 64-bit
> one.
> Peter has brought a real problem, in particular the allocator now newly relying on
> 2 x word size atomics which is definitely non-portable, I don't see why the answer
> to that should be disable your port or build a buildbot.

Because this is my default reply to any such case. :)





>
>         Jakub


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]