This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 61088
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 15:08:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 61088
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <537DB4F9 dot 2060605 at oracle dot com> <537E3E5A dot 10601 at redhat dot com> <537E4147 dot 5020602 at oracle dot com>
On 05/22/2014 02:26 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
Good. I wanted to ask about that. Also, by copy instead of by value,
right? Because the Standard always talks about copy (likewise clang).
Right, thanks. I'm probably going to add it, at some point. Me, I was looking for something not using C++14 initializers, I think in that case is more difficult!?!
The error can only occur with a C++14 initializer; a (captured) variable
is always an lvalue.