This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 61088
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 14:13:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 61088
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <537DB4F9 dot 2060605 at oracle dot com>
On 05/22/2014 04:27 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
lambda-ice7.C:8:9: error: cannot capture by value âaâ of incomplete type
All the carets in your mail are in the first column; is this one in the
right place for you?
Let's not print out the expression, we've been moving away from that.
Maybe "capture by value of incomplete type 'A'".
OK with that change.
4- Finally, something I noticed while working on add_capture: right above the new check there is:
type = lambda_capture_field_type (initializer, explicit_init_p);
type = build_reference_type (type);
if (!real_lvalue_p (initializer))
error ("cannot capture %qE by reference", initializer);
now, interestingly, nothing in the testsuite exercises this error. And, so far, I failed to create a testcase for it. The Standard too doesn't seem to me so clear about that. Ideas?!?