This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add support for GNU/Hurd in gnat-4.9
- From: Svante Signell <svante dot signell at gmail dot com>
- To: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, debian-ada <debian-ada at lists dot debian dot org>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Samuel Thibault <samuel dot thibault at gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 09:49:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for GNU/Hurd in gnat-4.9
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1398426914 dot 568 dot 111 dot camel at G3620 dot my dot own dot domain> <1713255 dot Hcx8ZbPfnP at polaris> <1400501935 dot 4830 dot 33 dot camel at G3620 dot my dot own dot domain> <20140519125059 dot GC1412 at adacore dot com> <1400507259 dot 4830 dot 40 dot camel at G3620 dot my dot own dot domain> <20140519135318 dot GA18851 at adacore dot com> <1400509438 dot 4830 dot 45 dot camel at G3620 dot my dot own dot domain> <20140519142541 dot GA876 at adacore dot com>
- Reply-to: svante dot signell at gmail dot com
On Mon, 2014-05-19 at 16:25 +0200, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > > That's actually the biggest concern when people submit a new port: they
> > > submit it, get it approved, commit it and then are no longer available
> > > for any maintenance when these files need to be updated/become outdated/
> > > no longer compile or run.
> > I can try to do that in the near future, then somebody else can take
> > over. I think maybe Thomas have an opinion about this being a Hurd
> > developer and a GNU person at the same time.
> > Updated patch attached, OK now?
> No, there are still code commented out, and we need to resolve the above
> point first.
Thomas and Samuel: It looks like upstream don't accept patches unless a
Hurd port maintainer commits to it. What's the use of all this job? (Of
course it can at least run on Debian systems if/when accepted.)