This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [GCC RFC]A new and simple pass merging paired load store instructions
- From: Wei Mi <wmi at google dot com>
- To: "Bin.Cheng" <amker dot cheng at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, "bin.cheng" <bin dot cheng at arm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 10:14:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: [GCC RFC]A new and simple pass merging paired load store instructions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <004d01cf700e$ef1e30e0$cd5a92a0$ at arm dot com> <CABu31nMY6zapHfhr5x4BjZ3kvFuEKuhagBfx2cYbD4bbSwybTg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHFci2_PoNZVA15gKGDPet73UeEsay3-Ez6qKDu=E7PUVxgeiA at mail dot gmail dot com> <53763DAA dot 1030104 at redhat dot com> <CAHFci2-oCaofsEiBdF2z5k=ueSwJyLVOBHDjJ95PYFjzXOoTag at mail dot gmail dot com> <537A3FAD dot 4040603 at redhat dot com> <CAHFci28AC-eFp_EY-LRf2XkztdZ3Gmbv0Zjzg2f7_+xXkmMP3w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Bin.Cheng <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 1:30 AM, Jeff Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 05/19/14 00:38, Bin.Cheng wrote:
>>> On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 12:32 AM, Jeff Law <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>> On 05/16/14 04:07, Bin.Cheng wrote:
>>>> But can't you go through movXX to generate either the simple insn on the
>>>> or the PARALLEL on the thumb?
>>> Yes, I think it's more than upsizing the mode. There is another
>>> example from one of x86's candidate peephole patch at
>>> The patch wants to do below transformation, which I think is very
>>> target dependent.
>> Presumably there's no way to go through an expander here?
> I don't know very much with respect to this case, maybe the patch
> author can help here.
I just checked the expand result for my case. TER could make expand
see the two intrinsics at the same time so in theory it is possible to
make the merge happen in expand. I havn't looked into detail.