This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] HOST_WIDE_INT transition steps
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 13:02:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] HOST_WIDE_INT transition steps
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1405191434420 dot 13304 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr>
> The following is my current idea on progressing on the HOST_WIDE_INT
> 1) https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-05/msg00381.html (ping)
> 2) make sure [u]int64_t is available and use that to define HOST_WIDE_INT
> 3) s/HOST_WIDE_INT/int64_t/ (same for unsigned HOST_WIDE_INT)
Does 3) really buy us something? That would make backports painful I think.