This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Ensure count_scale is no larger than REG_BR_PROB_BASE
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 01:41:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Ensure count_scale is no larger than REG_BR_PROB_BASE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAO2gOZVj7vwDDtn1=XjE4PsiB-1B-a-9Ku2gFHViOVOLZUYMrg at mail dot gmail dot com>
> Is this patch ok for trunk? Bootstrapped and regression test on-going.
> 2014-05-16 Dehao Chen <email@example.com>
> * tree-inline.c (initialize_cfun): Ensure count_scale is no larger
> than REG_BR_PROB_BASE.
> (copy_cfg_body): Likewise.
This seems like wrong place to paper around the problem - symmetric count
scaling is done during production of the inline clone. I think if we want to
be smart about broken profiles, we should do it at that place instead here
What kind of problem does this patch solve?