This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: add dbgcnt and opt-info support for devirtualization
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 18:51:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: add dbgcnt and opt-info support for devirtualization
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAkRFZKGLC9vW3-niUu2QrQGKZzUeq6Qv989bOaHdLjkn=6JqA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140516160323 dot GE20755 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAAkRFZL3Zfmz=YCS78gYNZdpm2KL3B70BsT9Rm2icd0D-Xw7nw at mail dot gmail dot com>
> I have been chasing a runtime failure of a very large test built with
> gcc-4_9. The bad code either calls a pure function or turn a virtual
> call into __builtin_unreachable (incomplete target set). The indirect
> info shows the otr type to be !maybe_derived_type, and the outer-type
> gets cleared during inline update. I isolated a small test case -- but
> the good news is that gcc-4_9 @head already fixed the problem.
> I will check in the test case to trunk later.
Good, testcase would be welcome. I guess it was the fix for placement_new bug.
It disables some valid devirtualizations (and I thus may revisit the fix for
4.10), so it would be good to know if your testcase differs from the original
> > Honza