This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Implement -fsanitize=float-cast-overflow
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 15:54:37 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Implement -fsanitize=float-cast-overflow
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140513170801 dot GG2663 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405131745570 dot 23277 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20140514113839 dot GE10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405141727440 dot 16785 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20140515190929 dot GQ10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405152124440 dot 911 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20140516073654 dot GS10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Fri, 16 May 2014, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> has variable. Guess the combination of IBM long double and __int128_t
> (for long long it is still ok) is rare enough that we don't need to care
> about it (alternative would be e.g. to compare against addition of
There are existing problems with that combination anyway.
fp-int-convert-timode.c has tests disabled for it because the compile-time
and runtime conversions don't agree (whether for this issue or some other,
I don't know).
Joseph S. Myers