This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Fix calculation of size of builtin setjmp buffer
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 07:49:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: Fix calculation of size of builtin setjmp buffer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87wqdzjccp dot fsf at redhat dot com> <3114307 dot feqyCiYPCg at polaris> <53737067 dot 2030608 at redhat dot com> <2347976 dot UgdYmbUUr8 at polaris>
On May 15, 2014, at 12:55 AM, Eric Botcazou <email@example.com> wrote:
> No, that's too complicated and risky, just do the following:
> /* builtin_setjmp takes a pointer to 5 words or pointers. */
> if (POINTER_SIZE > BITS_PER_WORD)
> tmp = size_int (4);
> tmp = size_int (5 * BITS_PER_WORD / POINTER_SIZE - 1);
> which is simple and safe.
But, fails whenever the size of the mode of the save area is bigger than a certain amount… On my port, the size taken up by the save area is large enough to cause this to fail. :-( The correct bug fix would have my port not fail.