This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, Pointer Bounds Checker 1/x] Pointer bounds type and mode
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Ilya Enkovich <enkovich dot gnu at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 12:54:44 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, Pointer Bounds Checker 1/x] Pointer bounds type and mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140416110003 dot GA16269 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On 04/16/14 05:00, Ilya Enkovich wrote:
OK. But please hold off installing until the entire set is approved per
This patch restarts the series for introducing Pointer Bounds Checker instrumentation and supporting Intel Memory Protection Extension (MPX) technology. Detailed description is on GCC Wiki page: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Intel%20MPX%20support%20in%20the%20GCC%20compiler.
The first patch introduces pointer bounds type and mode. It was approved earlier for 4.9 and had no significant changes since then. I'll assume patch is OK if no objections arise.
Patch was bootstrapped and tested for linux-x86_64.
2014-04-16 Ilya Enkovich <email@example.com>
* mode-classes.def (MODE_POINTER_BOUNDS): New.
* tree.def (POINTER_BOUNDS_TYPE): New.
* genmodes.c (complete_mode): Support MODE_POINTER_BOUNDS.
* machmode.h (POINTER_BOUNDS_MODE_P): New.
* stor-layout.c (int_mode_for_mode): Support MODE_POINTER_BOUNDS.
(layout_type): Support POINTER_BOUNDS_TYPE.
* tree-pretty-print.c (dump_generic_node): Support POINTER_BOUNDS_TYPE.
* tree.c (build_int_cst_wide): Support POINTER_BOUNDS_TYPE.
* tree.h (POINTER_BOUNDS_TYPE_P): New.
* varasm.c (output_constant): Support POINTER_BOUNDS_TYPE.
* doc/rtl.texi (MODE_POINTER_BOUNDS): New.