This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Regression with "Fix PR ipa/60965 (placement new wrt ipa-devirt)"
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 22:41:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Regression with "Fix PR ipa/60965 (placement new wrt ipa-devirt)"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140505194438 dot GB26890 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
On Mon, 5 May 2014, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> this patch fixes unfortunate thinko in get_class_context that invalidates
> transitions from non-POD type to a polymorphic type that may happen by virtue
> of placement new and apparently breaks openJDK and Qt. I really tried to keep
> placement new in mind when implementing ipa-devirt, so hope there are no
> similar negaitve surprises.
> The patch disables about 200 out of 30000 devirtualizations happening in
> I have commited it to 4.9 and will commit to mainline once testing finishes.
> PR ipa/60965
> * g++.dg/ipa/devirt-31.C: New testcase.
> * g++.dg/ipa/devirt-11.C: Adjust testcase.
> * ipa-devirt.c (get_class_context): Allow POD to change to non-POD.
Unfortunately (re-)introduced PR58094 (devirt-11.C failing on