This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Clean up shrink-wrapping codes
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Zhenqiang Chen <zhenqiang dot chen at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 10:13:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Clean up shrink-wrapping codes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACgzC7Dr844=v7GAGiuk5NhbhXdQqamvFpFxzeBP_OX6LtEiRw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5370F2F7 dot 2040104 at redhat dot com> <CACgzC7Bat9f8jKLdfpjt8bjc7+SVsPmhTyS1irjSD-QRqzNcSg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513075513 dot GD2663 at redhat dot com> <CACgzC7C=McyzVgEPgvBDwPpKg+4h2t0m-PKGgwWyqzMrrMZXQw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 04:08:21PM +0800, Zhenqiang Chen wrote:
> On 13 May 2014 15:55, Marek Polacek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 03:14:34PM +0800, Zhenqiang Chen wrote:
> >> Thanks. Committed the patch @r210351 with changes:
> >> (1) Create shrink-wrap.h.
> >> (2) Move all shrink-wrapping related interfaces from function.h to
> >> shrink-wrap.h.
> >> (3) shrink-wrap.h is included in function.c, shrink-wrap.c and
> >> config/i386/i386.c.
> > Could you please update the comment at the beginning of shrink-wrap.c?
> > It certainly shouldn't say the same what function.c says.
> There are two /*..*/ blocks at the beginning.
> As I understand the first /*...*/ is the copyright/license, which
> should be same for all files.
> And I had changed the second /*...*/ as
> /* This file handles shrink-wrapping related optimizations. */
> Which comment do you mean?
I meant the very first line that says "Expands front end tree to back
end RTL for GCC.". I guess best would be just to replace it with the
"This file handles shrink-wrapping related optimizations." line.