This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PING*2][PATCH] Extend mode-switching to support toggle (1/2)
- From: Christian Bruel <christian dot bruel at st dot com>
- To: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>, Oleg Endo <oleg dot endo at t-online dot de>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:16:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PING*2][PATCH] Extend mode-switching to support toggle (1/2)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <535E0C86 dot 400 at st dot com> <537089D8 dot 8040106 at st dot com> <53708F1D dot 1080308 at st dot com> <CAMqJFCpxG2RyOZ0NsYiBV5PUU4A+8kWaq22am+GR=e22i-uf0g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 04/28/2014 10:08 AM, Christian Bruel wrote:
>>>> I'd like to ping the following patches
>>>> [Hookize mode-switching]
>>>> [Add new hooks to support toggle and SH4A fpchg instruction]
> Sorry, I only saw the first part and thought I' d need to wait till I
> see the second part - and I somehow missed that.
> I think the previous known mode should be passed to the
> TARGET_MODE_EMIT hook - no need to have extra hooks
> for toggling, and, as I mentioned earlier, fixating on the toggle is
> actually an SH artifact - other ports have multi-way
> modes settings that can benefit from knowing the previous mode.
OK I'll change the bool toggle parameter by the previous mode in
TARGET_MODE_EMIT and remove the bool XOR hooks in the SH description.
Just for my curiosity, which other targets have multi-way toggling
I'll commit the first patch as approved and re post the second one.