This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix uninitialised variable warning in tree-ssa-loop-ivcanon.c
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 13:36:15 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix uninitialised variable warning in tree-ssa-loop-ivcanon.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <535004BC dot 1040701 at arm dot com>
On 04/17/14 10:43, Kyrill Tkachov wrote:
So did you do a thorough analysis to verify that it was a false positive
or that it was a valid warning?
While looking at the build logs I noticed a warning while building
tree-ssa-loop-ivcanon.c about a potential use of an uninitialised variable.
This patchlet fixes that warning by initialising it to 0.
Ok for trunk?
2014-04-17 Kyrylo Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* tree-ssa-loop-ivcanon.c (canonicalize_loop_induction_variables):
Initialise n_unroll to 0.
For the former, it would be helpful if you filed a BZ. We track these
false positives for -Wuninitialized and do try to correct them. If the
latter then is using 0 for the initializer the safe thing to do?