This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, testsuite] Fix rs6000 test case pack03.c to use new dg-require-effective-target dfp_hw
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Pat Haugen <pthaugen at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 15:05:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, testsuite] Fix rs6000 test case pack03.c to use new dg-require-effective-target dfp_hw
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1399660992 dot 4816 dot 3 dot camel at otta>
On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Peter Bergner <email@example.com> wrote:
> Pat noticed that the updated pack03.c DFP test case is FAILing on
> older Power hardware without DFP support (ie, power5 and earlier).
> The problem is that the dg-require-effective-target dfprt use
> only protects against use on system without a DFP runtime, not
> a system without dfp hardware instructions. It seems we don't
> have test, so the following patch added a dfp_hw test that fixes
> the problem.
> This passed bootstrap and regtesting on powerpc64-linux with no
> regressions on both power5 and power8 systems.
> Ok for mainline, 4.9 and 4.8 branches to fixup the test cases
> * lib/target-support.exp (check_dfp_hw_available): New function.
> (is-effective-target): Check $arg for dfp_hw.
> (is-effective-target-keyword): Likewise.
> * gcc.target/powerpc/pack03.c: (dg-require-effective-target):
> Change target to dfp_hw.