This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Impact of gimple renamings on reviews (was Re: [PATCH 16/89] tree-ssa-loop-ivopts.c: use gimple_phi in a few places)
- From: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 14:47:33 -0400
- Subject: Impact of gimple renamings on reviews (was Re: [PATCH 16/89] tree-ssa-loop-ivopts.c: use gimple_phi in a few places)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1398099480-49147-1-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <1398099480-49147-17-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <536D1F9E dot 9090801 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 2014-05-09 at 12:34 -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 04/21/14 10:56, David Malcolm wrote:
> > gcc/
> > * tree-ssa-loop-ivopts.c (determine_biv_step): Require a gimple_phi.
> > (find_bivs): Convert local "phi" into a gimple_phi.
> > (mark_bivs): Likewise.
> OK when prerequisites have gone in.
> Actually that's true for #17 & #18 as well.
Jeff: thanks. Note that I'm currently working on a grand renaming, as
per the subthread here:
so that all of these will be "gphi *" rather than "gimple_phi", with
analogous change to the other classnames in the rest of the patches.
So there's both
(A) a shortening of:
(B) a change in "pointerness" (eliminating the typedefs), to:
and these obviously affect the entire patch series, so what I would
commit is beginning to look rather different from what I've posted,
albeit with largely mechanical changes.
Are these patches going to need re-review when the renaming is done, or
are the changes sufficiently mechanical so as to be "grandfathered in"
from these reviews that you're doing; I'm slightly nervous about the
pointerness change, but bootstrap®rtesting ought to catch typo issues
there when manually fixing up the later patches.
I hope that re-review isn't necessary, but I'm relatively new around
here so I wanted to doublecheck.
If re-review *is* required, maybe hold off on reviewing the rest of the
series until I've got the renaming done?
[In any case, this is all in a holding pattern for trunk until after