This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C PATCH] Add location to error_init (PR c/61096)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 16:53:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [C PATCH] Add location to error_init (PR c/61096)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140509072727 dot GF11802 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 9 May 2014, Marek Polacek wrote:
> Another piece of puzzle. error_init didn't have a location parameter,
> so initialization errors had wrong column info. This patch adds
> location parameter to error_init and to a few of other functions.
> The testcases show what has better column info now.
> Note what I wrote in
> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=61096#c3 -- three
> error_init calls seem to be unreachable, bonus points for anyone who
> can construct a testcase that triggers them ;). And neither testsuite nor
> bootstrap exercises them I think.
> Many pedwarn_init calls still use input_location; I'm going to address
> that later when I find some time.
> Regtested/bootstrapped on x86_64-linux, ok for trunk?
Joseph S. Myers