This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC][PING^2] Do not consider volatile asms as optimization barriers #1
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 10:16:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PING^2] Do not consider volatile asms as optimization barriers #1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2417129 dot VoWsWu5CJz at polaris> <3717213 dot 9OUkho3xcy at polaris> <8761lf2z4q dot fsf at talisman dot default>
> Sure, that'd be fine by me. I'm not sure whether the backport has
> been approved yet though.
At least it looks fine to me...
[I still don't grasp this "wait-a-little-before-backporting" policy, it always
leads to forgotten patches that need to be applied just days ahead of releases
instead of undergoing a longer period of testing]