This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, testsuite, mips] Fix two failing MIPS tests.
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 09:17:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch, testsuite, mips] Fix two failing MIPS tests.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <832bc707-65b6-420a-aafc-3857e5c42de4 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <87ha57tkvc dot fsf at talisman dot default>
On Sat, 2014-05-03 at 07:52 +0100, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> > Old:
> > li $5,305397760 # 0x12340000
> > addiu $4,$5,1
> > addiu $5,$5,-1
> > New:
> > li $5,305332224 # 0x12330000
> > ori $5,$5,0xffff
> > addiu $4,$5,2
> This isn't as good though -- $4 now depends on two previous
> instructions. Do you know which specific change was responsible?
It was this one:
2014-04-29 James Greenhalgh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* calls.c (initialize_argument_information): Always treat
PUSH_ARGS_REVERSED as 1, simplify code accordingly.
* expr.c (PUSH_ARGS_REVERSED): Do not define.
(emit_push_insn): Always treat PUSH_ARGS_REVERSED as 1, simplify