This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH], RFC, add support for __float128/__ibm128 types on PowerPC
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, <wschmidt at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <bergner at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <pthaugen at us dot ibm dot com>, <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 17:18:36 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH], RFC, add support for __float128/__ibm128 types on PowerPC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140429223032 dot GA21674 at ibm-tiger dot the-meissners dot org>
On Tue, 29 Apr 2014, Michael Meissner wrote:
> * soft-fp/quad.h (TFmode): If TFmode is defined, don't use the
> normal TF mode definition.
That does of course need to go to glibc first (and I think it would be
best to do something consistent for all the floating-point formats in
soft-fp - allow overriding the definitions of all of them in terms of
machine modes to keep things consistent, even without any use case for
overriding definitions other than for TFmode).
I don't see anything in this patch to give appropriate symbol versions to
the new libgcc functions.
libgcc/config/rs6000/sfp-machine.h does not currently implement
integration with hardware exceptions and rounding modes. Such integration
should be added as on other architectures such as x86 and AArch64
(conditional on FPRs being present, as opposed to soft-fp being used in
libgcc for soft-float or e500).
Joseph S. Myers