This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gofrontend-dev] libgo patch committed: Fix madvise on systems with page size != 4096
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Michael Hudson-Doyle <michael dot hudson at linaro dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com" <gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com>
- Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 16:07:49 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gofrontend-dev] libgo patch committed: Fix madvise on systems with page size != 4096
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mcrha5i8222 dot fsf at iant-glaptop dot roam dot corp dot google dot com> <87k3aao393 dot fsf at canonical dot com>
On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Michael Hudson-Doyle
> "'Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>' via gofrontend-dev"
> <email@example.com> writes:
>> This patch from Anton Blanchard fixes libgo to adjust to the system page
>> size when calling madvise. Bootstrapped and ran Go testsuite on
>> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. Committed to mainline and 4.9 branch.
> Hi, I think this patch will make my Canonical colleagues very happy (and
> me when I get around to building a 64k page arm64 kernel...). It looks
> to me like this is also a problem in the gc runtime library though --
> should the patch be sent there too? (Apologies if it already has and I
> missed it, I did look though).
It's a potential problem in the gc runtime library, but I think it's
not a real problem at this point, since gc only runs on systems with
4k pages anyhow.