This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] Windows libcpp: Make path-exists semantics more Posix-like
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Kai Tietz <ktietz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Ray Donnelly <mingw dot android at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, ktietz70 at gmail dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 17:53:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Windows libcpp: Make path-exists semantics more Posix-like
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1397936424-2290-1-git-send-email-mingw dot android at gmail dot com> <1397936424-2290-3-git-send-email-mingw dot android at gmail dot com> <1034557352 dot 9542218 dot 1397940098399 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at redhat dot com>
On 04/19/2014 09:41 PM, Kai Tietz wrote:
> Isn't this function something better placed in libiberty? Also this name looks a bit confusing. Wouldn't be a an function calling for _WIN32 case also stat, and just overrides the st_mode member, if it is a link better. So I would put this function to the file_... API of libiberty.
I'd even suspect that e.g., GNU Make / Makefiles would be likewise affected
by this. A solution for this in gcc, or in a few selected programs
only, looks brittle to me. Perhaps it should be mingw itself that provides
a _non-default_ replacement as option (similarly to __mingw_printf).
Can't glibc be changed to not rely on this? /me hides.