This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remove obsolete Solaris 9 support
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at cebitec dot uni-bielefeld dot de>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "libstdc++" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Bruce Korb <bkorb at gnu dot org>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:51:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: Remove obsolete Solaris 9 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ydd7g6p8qy7 dot fsf at lokon dot CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE> <CAFULd4Zj-J0F9Qif9rtDAcDP4Oz8RB=gcX7=kLUC=8v0Zb98yQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <yddzjjd5ypa dot fsf at lokon dot CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Rainer Orth
> Uros Bizjak <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Rainer Orth
>> <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> Now that 4.9 has branched, it's time to actually remove the obsolete
>>> Solaris 9 configuration. Most of this is just legwork and falls under
>>> my Solaris maintainership.
>>> A couple of questions, though:
>>> * Uros: I'm removing all sse_os_support() checks from the testsuite.
>>> Solaris 9 was the only consumer, so it seems best to do away with it.
>> This is OK, but please leave sse-os-check.h (and corresponding
>> sse_os_support calls) in the testsuite. Just remove the Solaris 9
>> specific code from sse-os-check.h and always return 1, perhaps with
>> the comment that all currently supported OSes support SSE
> Here's the final patch I've checked in, incorporating all review
> comments. I've left out the libgo (already checked in by Ian) and
> classpath parts.
It looks to me that one part was left in libgcc/config/i386/crtfastmath.c:
#if !defined __x86_64__ && defined __sun__ && defined __svr4__