This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remove obsolete Solaris 9 support
- From: Andrew Hughes <gnu dot andrew at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- Cc: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>, Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, classpath at gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andrew Hughes <gnu_andrew at member dot fsf dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:18:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Remove obsolete Solaris 9 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ydd7g6p8qy7 dot fsf at lokon dot CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE> <53522DED dot 3060707 at redhat dot com> <1398172946 dot 29199 dot 171 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org>
----- Original Message -----
> On Sat, 2014-04-19 at 09:03 +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
> > On 04/16/2014 12:16 PM, Rainer Orth wrote:
> > > * I'm removing the <sys/loadavg.h> check from classpath. Again, I'm
> > > uncertain if this is desirable. In the past, classpath changes were
> > > merged upstream by one of the libjava maintainers.
> > We should not diverge from GNU Classpath unless there is a strong reason
> > to do so.
> I think the configure check is mostly harmless, but wouldn't be opposed
> removing it. It really seems to have been added explicitly for Solaris
> 9, which is probably really dead by now. Andrew Hughes, you added it
> back in 2008. Are you still using/building on any Solaris 9 setups?
I vaguely remember adding it. I was building on the university's Solaris 9
machines at the time. They've long since replaced them with GNU/Linux machines
and I've been at Red Hat for over five years, so those days are long gone :)
I have some Freetype fixes to push to Classpath as well, so I'll fix this too
and look at merging to gcj in the not-too-distant future. I think it's long
overdue. Ideally, the change should be left out of this patch, so as to avoid
Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)
PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F 8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07