This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH] RL78 - clean-up of missing operand mode warnings.
- From: Richard Hulme <peper03 at yahoo dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 22:01:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] RL78 - clean-up of missing operand mode warnings.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <534D9A6E dot 9090609 at yahoo dot com> <201404152058 dot s3FKwO4t024783 at greed dot delorie dot com>
On 15/04/14 22:58, DJ Delorie wrote:
I typically leave the mode off when the operand accepts a CONST_INT as
I've had problems with patterns matching CONST_INTs otherwise, as
CONST_INT rtx's do not have a mode (or have VOIDmode).
(yes, I know gcc is supposed to accomodate that, but like I said, I've
Ok, that's fine. I was just trying to mop up one little bit of the sea
It seems a little inconsistent, however, that *movqi_real and
*xorqi3_real don't specify modes but *movhi_real and
*andqi_real/*iorqi_real do (and they also accept CONST_INTs). Not that
I'm advocating generating more warnings, but my inner OCD likes