This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR56965, move nonoverlapping_component_refs_p
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:05:58 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR56965, move nonoverlapping_component_refs_p
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1404151412240 dot 31108 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <2839389 dot vXT65Ik514 at polaris>
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > I didn't yet relax some of its restrictions (we can safely
> > skip real/imag-part and array[-range?]-refs - we don't have
> > to stop at them. There is also the question whether
> > aliasing_component_refs_p still does sth useful after this
> > (if those restrictions are removed).
> > Bootstrap / regtest pending on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
> > Eric, does this look reasonable?
> Yes, although I wonder whether this machinery is still that useful these days,
> given that we already have aliasing_component_refs_p (for the indirect/direct
> case) and nonoverlapping_component_refs_of_decl_p (for the direct/direct case)
> but, on the other hand, your testcases don't look too far-fetched.
> We'll have 2 nonoverlapping_component_refs[_of_decls]_p predicates with
> a very similar implementation, I guess unifying them would be the next
> logical step.
Yeah, I'm definitely planning to do some cleanup here.