This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix sanitizer tests to work under QEMU
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Maxim Ostapenko <m dot ostapenko at partner dot samsung dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>, Slava Garbuzov <v dot garbuzov at samsung dot com>, Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 08:57:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix sanitizer tests to work under QEMU
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <534CD68C dot 2080405 at partner dot samsung dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:49:48AM +0400, Maxim Ostapenko wrote:
> Some ASan and UBSan pattern match tests fail under QEMU, because
> libsanitizer adds escape sequences which confuse Dejagnu (because it
> thinks that it is actually running under a tty). This bug was
> already fixed for some tests (see
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-04/msg00235.html and
> This patch fixes problem for newly added tests in the same way as before.
> Tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu and arm-linux-gnueabi (both ssh
> and qemu).
It is unfortunate there is no way to forcefully disable the colorization,
e.g. through some env var.
It would be also nice if there was a way to tell the library to colorize
more like GCC colorizes its output rather than clang.
> Ok to commit?
Ok for trunk.