This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH for DR 1338 (operator new aliasing)
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 08:46:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH for DR 1338 (operator new aliasing)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <534831D5 dot 7000207 at redhat dot com>
> At the last C++ meeting I got the committee to accept wording that
> ought to allow us to set DECL_IS_MALLOC on the built-in operator
> Furthermore, for the library allocation functions in 188.8.131.52
> [new.delete.single] and 184.108.40.206 [new.delete.array], p0 shall point
> to a block of storage disjoint from the storage for any other object
> accessible to the caller.
Amazing, thanks a lot!