This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] LeakSanitizer testsuite
- From: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Maxim Ostapenko <m dot ostapenko at partner dot samsung dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Slava Garbuzov <v dot garbuzov at samsung dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 10:03:18 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] LeakSanitizer testsuite
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <532A892E dot 4010607 at partner dot samsung dot com> <20140324085039 dot GC1817 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
This patch adds initial set of tests and dg infrastructure for
Are you sure we need testsuite for something that doesn't have a GCC code
generation counterpart at all?
That's a valid point. We want this in GCC because
(1) support for cross-compilation and cross-testing in LLVM LSan is much
less mature so testing non-Intel platforms there is PITA
(2) even though the code itself is the same, the build scripts and
compilation options are GCC-specific so it may make sense to test these
As an example of (2), we currently don't have lsan_preinit.o so static
liblsan isn't fully supported.
We understand that these may or may not be important for other community
members so will accept either decision.