This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch debug] Fix PR60655 partially.
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: ramrad01 at arm dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:48:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch debug] Fix PR60655 partially.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53340AB3 dot 5030109 at arm dot com> <CAJA7tRYYGvYrBzc7dLTWqUvYxDbjCTOrZi2sd=1EWc5n3FaNYQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Ramana Radhakrishnan
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Ramana Radhakrishnan <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> This is a partial fix for PR60655 where dwarf2out.c rejects NOT of a
>> value in const_ok_for_output_1. There is still a problem with the testcase
>> on armhf where we get operations of the form, const (minus (const_int)
>> (symref)) without the -fdata-sections option which is just weird. I'm not
>> yet sure where this is produced from and will not have the time to dig
>> further today.
>> As Jakub said on IRC, const_ok_for_output_1 is called only with partial
>> rtx's and therefore disabling minus (const_int) (symref) might not be the
>> best thing to do especially if this were part of plus (symref) (minus (const
>> int) (symref)) and both symrefs were in the same section. I will try and
>> find sometime to investigate this further tomorrow.
>> Bootstrapped and regtested on armhf
>> Bootstrap and regression test running on x86_64.
>> Ok to commit ?
> Ping ?
>> <DATE> Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
>> Ramana Radhakrishnan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * dwarf2out.c (const_ok_for_output_1): Reject expressions containing
>> a NOT.
>> <DATE> Ramana Radhakrishnan <email@example.com>
>> * gcc.c-torture/compile/pr60655-1.c: New test.