This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [COMMITTED] Fix target/60704
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 08:22:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED] Fix target/60704
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <533AD1B3 dot 5090104 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 7:48 AM, Richard Henderson <email@example.com> wrote:
> Yet more fallout from my float->int changes.
> This time the failure is during sched1, where we try to constrain_operands to
> figure out what the sched parameters are for the insn. Except that since this
> is before register allocation, where we are going to force the operand to
> memory, there were no alternatives that match.
> This seems a bit of a hacky solution, keeping the register alternative enabled
> until we get to register allocation, but it's restricted in scope to the i386
> backend and thus gets extra points at this stage.
> Another possibility is to have constrain_alternatives randomly pick an
> alternative, assuming the register allocator will DTRT or barf later.
Shouldn't it include the testcase?