This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Convert more passes to new dump framework
- From: Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>
- To: Sharad Singhai <singhai at google dot com>
- Cc: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 19:03:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Convert more passes to new dump framework
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAe5K+W=brFLz3kZYFXTYAE+T2yJVPF=z+vp+uKh4d+9vQXJKQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130806123714 dot GD3166 at virgil dot suse> <CAAkRFZLy_rh6VmiLWHDwyo_-5KG+P6HTWHCdgC0nF+_Axs_1tQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKxPW65JXaxWum+TfhWUcnzPefFydXnvC3EAQfE+Y755pBe2ng at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130806171011 dot GF3166 at virgil dot suse> <CAKxPW66yC7FbM69R1aDuJh+YExJo9eE0WVa2uo67zDp8QPywwg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 10:18:05AM -0700, Sharad Singhai wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Martin Jambor <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 09:22:02AM -0700, Sharad Singhai wrote:
> >> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Xinliang David Li <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> >> > On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Martin Jambor <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> >> Hi,
> >> >>
> >> >> On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 10:37:00PM -0700, Teresa Johnson wrote:
> >> >>> This patch ports messages to the new dump framework,
> >> >>
> >> >> It would be great this new framework was documented somewhere. I lost
> >> >> track of what was agreed it would be and from the uses in the
> >> >> vectorizer I was never quite sure how to utilize it in other passes.
> >> >
> >> > Sharad, can you put the documentation in GCC wiki.
> >> Sure. I had user documentation in form of gcc info. But I will add
> >> more developer details to a GCC wiki.
> > I have built trunk gccint.info yesterday but could not find any string
> > dump_enabled_p there, for example. And when I quickly searched just
> > for the string "dump," I did not find any thing that looked like
> > dumping infrastructure either. OTOH, I agree that fie would be the
> > best place for the documentation.
> > Or did I just miss it? What section is it in then?
> Actually, the user-facing documentation is in doc/invoke.texi.
> However, that doesn't describe dump_enabled_p. Do you think
> gccint.info would be a good place? I can add documentation there
> instead of creating a GCC wiki.
please do not forget about this, otherwise few people will use your