This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch Ping] Add slim-lto support to gcc's build machinery
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:04:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch Ping] Add slim-lto support to gcc's build machinery
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131120072309 dot GA277 at x4> <528CBC19 dot 8090308 at gnu dot org> <20131120144337 dot GA278 at x4> <20131127080245 dot GA24191 at x4>
On 11/27/13 01:02, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
I really don't like that we're hacking up libtool. Nor do I like the
idea of updating libtool at this stage in the development cycle.
On 2013.11.20 at 15:43 +0100, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
On 2013.11.20 at 14:41 +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Note that you need to regenerate all users of libtool.m4. Please post a
patch _with_ the regeneration so that whoever applies it won't screw up.
Can you please have look, Paolo? And if it is not too much work, it
would be nice if you could also apply the patch.
I'd prefer to defer this until stage1 opens again and resolving it by
getting the necessary bits in upstream libtool and using that.