This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, ARM, LRA] Fixed bootstrap failure in Thumb mode
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Yvan Roux <yvan dot roux at linaro dot org>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: Patch Tracking <patches at linaro dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:16:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, ARM, LRA] Fixed bootstrap failure in Thumb mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAD57uCejV6qjR2uvwP4cMfBx-qaxZHH9+reqhW91QO2-Ry7Rvg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAD57uCd0Ga4WzqUW2NmL4B1tGmbDtv8=OmhUwP1muZb14pB+Pw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAD57uCfJAf3uSAvF62CMMCe9rb=jWO+2eDbLd3U6=RTcmK9UBQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/27/13 03:18, Yvan Roux wrote:
On 18 November 2013 09:40, Yvan Roux <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On 7 November 2013 15:56, Yvan Roux <email@example.com> wrote:
this patch fixed an LRA cycling due to secondary reload (Thumb mode).
Notice that this patch is a prerequisite to turn on LRA by default on
ARM. Bootstrapped on a9 and a15 without any regression in the
testsuite as LRA is off by default and with the regression reported in
the thread bellow when LRA is on.
2013-11-07 Yvan Roux <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/arm/arm.h (THUMB_SECONDARY_INPUT_RELOAD_CLASS): Return NO_REGS
How can that be correct?
The secondary reload macros/hooks define cases where additional
registers are needed to reload certain forms of rtl. I doubt the use of
LRA completely eliminates the need for secondary reloads.