This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: wide-int, rs6000
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:17:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: wide-int, rs6000
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <42DC4C50-3430-4A2E-914C-FEC7A0DB7DEB at comcast dot net> <CAGWvny=BikM8xtDoRbKqL3sQQt+4-h2ZbL_F0zv+ZJmbAXOs9A at mail dot gmail dot com> <52206F9F-3BFD-44E5-91AA-C4250D9C681C at comcast dot net>
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Mike Stump <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
The revised version of the patch looks okay from a technical
perspective, but I still am concerned about the compile-time impact. I
thought that I saw a comment on IRC that wide-int seems to have a 3-5%
compile time impact, which is a concern. I am concerned about the
rs6000 port being further slowed with respect to other targets.